Are you interested in becoming an instructor?
Would YOUR pool be great for a Poolates class?
Find out if there is a Poolates class in your area.
See Poolates in action!
Powerful. Gentle. Poolates®.
Effective and challenging, Poolates® is soothing to the mind and spirit and gentler on joints and muscles than land-based exercises. Poolates® innovatively uses the buoyancy, resistance, and gentle movement of water to strengthen muscles, enhance flexibility and posture, sharpen coordination and balance, and relax body and soul. Poolates® – the perfect marriage of the principles of Pilates with all the benefits of aquatic exercise.
Poolates at Mania!
The fun continues! Poolates at Mania! Florida Mania May 20 – 22, Dallas Mania August 26-28 and Midwest Mania Sept 30-Oct 2. These conventions are a blast!
Poolates Basic Certification Course
June 11&12 Washington Island, Wisconsin
Become certified to teach Poolates Basic on Washington Island on the tip of Door County. Upon completing this two day course participants will have achieved the following :
- Know and understand the principles of Pilates and how they apply to the aquatic environment.
- Understand basic anatomy and how it relates to core body muscle control and translates into movement.
- Understand the relationship of breath to core body control and balance.
- Understand, properly execute and teach Poolates exercises
- Understand and be able to utilize the principles of buoyancy and resistance to progress or regress Poolates exercises.
- Understand and be able to execute progressions and regressions of Poolates exercises and know when they are appropriate
- Understand and be able to execute appropriate exercise sequencing and class choreography
- Understand and be able to execute proper cuing techniques.
- With successful completion of the course, participants will be licensed to teach Poolates Basic, a group oriented certification
Cost is $350.00 per person and includes the cost of the manual and a written and practical exam. For more information call Lisa Gibson at 920-535-0504. Lisa is the owner of Poolates and is AEA, ACE, AFAA and SCW certified